Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day 3 a day late..........

Happy 2009!!!!!
Better late than never - here is my Day 3 post for Unity All Week.
My personal "theme" for 2009 is SIMPLICITY. I'm tired of the complicated and the difficult and just really want simplicity. This is an altered wooden tag from one of my Unity purchases from this past year. If you are already a Unity customer, you know what these are. If you are not, click here to see a sample. (Then go buy some stamps from them!! I promise you won't be disappointed!)
I have several of these hanging around and thought I would alter one to hang in my office with my motto on it.
The designer paper is some Basic Grey Stella Ruby. I stamped the Distressed Dots Butterflies from Unity September Kit of the Month & the flourish from Unity December Kit of the Month in SU Chocolate Chip ink. The butterflies are in SU Ruby Red, Mellow Moss, and So Safron to match the DP. The hanger is just some pretty brown organza ribbon.
Back later with more.............
P.S. - I just noticed that I will be reaching 5,000 hits tonight!!!! I'll be doing some blog candy to celebrate on Monday - be sure to check back then!!!
Pin It

23 Comments:

Stephanie Niavez said...

Wow!! Great use for those tags. Congrats on the hits.

Jessica said...

great altered tag! love the paper, stamps, color combo. I'll have to try one of these with the unity tags.

Michelle said...

Such a pretty tag. I have to alter som eof my unity tags too. Love the butterflies & your patterned paper.

Lee said...

Ohhh I LOVE it!!! The colors are sooo cool and love the butterflies of course!!!

StampinCathy said...

What a fabulous tag! Love the colors and the buttetflies are so pretty.

Kerry said...

Beautiful...love the flourish stamped on the patterned paper! What a great project to keep in your craft area!

jan farnworth said...

very cute

Kathy H said...

Great tag!!!

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Love this, Kim!! That's my most favorite-est butterfly, and I love the DP you used!

Lisa Hetrick said...

Kim,
I love this tag. That butterfly is one of my favs. The colors are so warm and inviting. TFS.

Kristen Carll said...

I have this DP and you made it look stunning Kim! You have done such a wonderful job this week! This tag is gorgeous!

Tink said...

I Love the tags!

Robynccgirl said...

Very pretty Kim! I love it. I have too many of those great wooden tags and haven't done anything with them yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ashley Newell said...

This is GORGEOUS Kim! I love the butterflies and the pretty ribbon!

Unknown said...

So pretty! I need to alter my wood tags from them too!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great color combo!!!

Scrapycandy said...

Kim, love the colors of those stripes and it's perfect with the butterflies...hmmm....it has me thinkin'!

FibreJunky said...

5000 hits??? Wow! Love the tag, too. That's one of my fav butterflies. Love how it works on the dp and with the flourish.

Dawn M said...

woohoooo girl 5000!!!! congrats. I love you 2009 motto

Jenn said...

Great theme for your new year!

Ravengirl said...

This is the perfect reminder for a resolution or a "theme". I may have to give it a try. Congrats on your milestone!

Jacqueline said...

gorgeous!! Love the butterflies!

Jessy said...

GORGEOUS tag!! great details and wonderful colors!! :)